Nebraska Food Handler Card
Get your certificate immediately when you pass!
Nebraska Food Handler Training
Learn how to handle, prepare, and serve food safely, no matter your work setting.
Learn about important food safety principles:
- identify how food becomes unsafe and leads to foodborne illnesses
- identify when and which symptoms and illnesses must be reported
- recognize proper hand hygiene techniques and good personal grooming habits to prevent food and food-contact surface contamination
- recognize best practices to keep food safe throughout its flow by using time and temperature controls
- describe how to maintain a clean environment and prevent cross-contact
Nebraska has no law that requires a food handler card to work at a food establishment, but your employer may still require it.
If you work in Lincoln-Lancaster County, you must earn your food handler card through the health department. No other training, including FoodSafePal, is valid.
What Our Learners Think
Let’s Get Started!
Easily Earn your Nebraska Food Handler Card