West Virginia Food Handler Card
Get your certificate immediately when you pass!
West Virginia Food Handler Training
Learn how to handle, prepare, and serve food safely, no matter your work setting.
Learn about important food safety principles:
- identify how food becomes unsafe and leads to foodborne illnesses
- identify when and which symptoms and illnesses must be reported
- recognize proper hand hygiene techniques and good personal grooming habits to prevent food and food-contact surface contamination
- recognize best practices to keep food safe throughout its flow by using time and temperature controls
- describe how to maintain a clean environment and prevent cross-contact
West Virginia defines a food establishment as an operation that stores, prepares, packages, serves, vends, or otherwise provides food for human consumption.
Examples of food establishments include:
- catering operation
- retail food stores
- food stands
- mobile food trucks
- food bank
- farmers markets
- healthcare facilities, including nursing home and hospitals
What Our Learners Think
Let’s Get Started!
Easily Earn your West Virginia Food Handler Card