Texas Food Handler Card
Get your certificate immediately when you pass!
Texas Food Handler Training
Learn how to handle, prepare, and serve food safely, no matter your work setting.
Learn about important food safety principles:
- identify how food becomes unsafe and leads to foodborne illnesses
- identify when and which symptoms and illnesses must be reported
- recognize proper hand hygiene techniques and good personal grooming habits to prevent food and food-contact surface contamination
- recognize best practices to keep food safe throughout its flow by using time and temperature controls
- describe how to maintain a clean environment and prevent cross-contact
This includes (2):
- retail food stores
- catering operations
- food banks
- an establishment that offers only prepackaged foods that don’t require time or temperature controls
- a produce stand that offers only whole, uncut fresh fruits and vegetables
- a food processing plant
- a kitchen in a private home that prepares food for sale or service that doesn’t require time or temperature controls
- a bed and breakfast facility
However, if you work at one of these places, your employer may still require that you earn a food handler card due to the importance of food safety.
What Our Learners Think
Let’s Get Started!
Easily Earn your Texas Food Handler Card