Tennessee Food Handler Card
Get your certificate immediately when you pass!
Tennessee Food Handler Training
Learn how to handle, prepare, and serve food safely, no matter your work setting.
Learn about important food safety principles:
- identify how food becomes unsafe and leads to foodborne illnesses
- identify when and which symptoms and illnesses must be reported
- recognize proper hand hygiene techniques and good personal grooming habits to prevent food and food-contact surface contamination
- recognize best practices to keep food safe throughout its flow by using time and temperature controls
- describe how to maintain a clean environment and prevent cross-contact
Tennessee has no law that requires a food handler card to work at a food establishment, but your employer may still require you to earn one.
Additionally, Tennessee requires that dietary staff of nursing homes receive regular training on personal hygiene and how to handle, prepare, and serve food safely.
What Our Learners Think
Let’s Get Started!
Easily Earn your Tennessee Food Handler Card