New Mexico Food Handler Card
Get your certificate immediately when you pass!
New Mexico Food Handler Training
Learn how to handle, prepare, and serve food safely, no matter your work setting.
Learn about important food safety principles:
- identify how food becomes unsafe and leads to foodborne illnesses
- identify when and which symptoms and illnesses must be reported
- recognize proper hand hygiene techniques and good personal grooming habits to prevent food and food-contact surface contamination
- recognize best practices to keep food safe throughout its flow by using time and temperature controls
- describe how to maintain a clean environment and prevent cross-contact
New Mexico requires a food handler card within 30 days of hire if you are involved in food preparation, storage, or handling.
- food trucks
- coffee shops
- healthcare facilities
Conversely, New Mexico doesn’t require a food handler card if (1):
- you possess a valid Certified Food Protection Manager certification
- you handle non-time-temperature control for safety (TCS) food, such as shelf-stable foods and unprepared or uncut fruits and vegetables
- you occasionally work or volunteer as a food handler (restaurant hosts, teachers assisting with family-style dining, and nurses or therapists assisting patients with eating)
- you work as a food handler at temporary events
However, if you fall into one of these exemptions, you must still receive food safety training from your manager or designated individual.
This training can include a food handler training course.
What Our Learners Think
Let’s Get Started!
Easily Earn your New Mexico Food Handler Card