Maryland Food Handler Card
Get your certificate immediately when you pass!
Maryland Food Handler Training
Learn how to handle, prepare, and serve food safely, no matter your work setting.
Learn about important food safety principles:
- identify how food becomes unsafe and leads to foodborne illnesses
- identify when and which symptoms and illnesses must be reported
- recognize proper hand hygiene techniques and good personal grooming habits to prevent food and food-contact surface contamination
- recognize best practices to keep food safe throughout its flow by using time and temperature controls
- describe how to maintain a clean environment and prevent cross-contact
Maryland has no law that requires a food handler card to work at a food establishment, but the Maryland food code requires that all food workers receive training in proper food handling and sanitation as it relates to their assigned duties (1).
Therefore, your employer may still require you to earn a Maryland food handler card.
What Our Learners Think
Let’s Get Started!
Easily Earn your Maryland Food Handler Card