Maine Food Handler Card
Get your certificate immediately when you pass!
Maine Food Handler Training
Learn how to handle, prepare, and serve food safely, no matter your work setting.
Learn about important food safety principles:
- identify how food becomes unsafe and leads to foodborne illnesses
- identify when and which symptoms and illnesses must be reported
- recognize proper hand hygiene techniques and good personal grooming habits to prevent food and food-contact surface contamination
- recognize best practices to keep food safe throughout its flow by using time and temperature controls
- describe how to maintain a clean environment and prevent cross-contact
Maine has no law that requires a food handler card to work at a food establishment, but your employer may still require it.
Maine nursing homes and other healthcare facilities commonly rely on food handler training to meet state requirements (1).
For example, Maine requires that the foodservice director provide inservice training on good hygiene practices, with an emphasis on handwashing techniques, food preparation, storage, handling, and sanitation, at least quarterly.
What Our Learners Think
Let’s Get Started!
Easily Earn your Maine Food Handler Card